Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Backsliding


Please reference the picture above if you are at all curious regarding the upkeep of my weight loss since I met my final goal last May.  I have to say that for most of the year I think I met the challenge of maintenance with a fair amount of assiduous focus on exercise and healthy eating.  Then Christmas came and I crawled away from the holidays 3 or 4 pounds heavier than when they started (this was weight accrued in two weeks, mind you). 

It is now closing in on March and I’m not precisely sure how much I weigh (it’s been since Saturday since I checked in with my scale—I generally weigh daily), but I do know that I’m nearing a 7 or 8 pound weight gain since Christmas.  L  YIKES!!! AAAACKKKK!!! HOLY COW!!! L So, as of tomorrow I am putting the kibosh on all whining about cold weather exercise, the necessity of fries, and boredom with drinking water.  May is only a little over two months away and I’ve decided that I’m not going to meet my one year weight loss anniversary with a profile shamefully expressive of a backward trend. 

My friend Elizabeth also wants to rid herself of 8 pounds, so we’ve decided to keep each other accountable and work together for the next four weeks in that direction.  The plan is to stay away from white flour, bread, fried foods etc.  We’re going to call each other every day to check in, and we've committed ourselves to exercising three times a week—whether it is running, walking or yoga.  Also, in order to motivate ourselves we’re polishing/dangling a decent-sized carrot at the end of our four weeks.  We’ve decided on a weekend trip to Portland, complete with a night in a hotel, a trip to Slappy Cakes http://www.slappycakes.com/, a 5K to run http://www.uberthons.com/springchallenge, and a day of shopping for new jeans. 

I’ve personally always wanted to try Slappy’s and I’ll use any excuse to shop for new clothes, so starting tomorrow I’m turning myself into a gastronomic Spartan…Slappy Cakes here I come!   

3 comments:

lilibet said...

Meal 1 of Day 1 on the diet and I'm already dreaming of peanut butter pancakes with bacon, bananas, and more peanut butter. Or sweet potato pancakes with pecans, roasted mnushrooms, and maple syrup. Or eggs benedict. We're going to eat there more than once, right?

Mert said...

YES!

Mindy said...

You can do it! :0)