We got in my car, ready to leave Winco this afternoon and discovered that the car wouldn’t start. Brett and I were in the front, fiddling with various ad hoc, car-reviving experiments, while Anna and Gabi were in the back, waiting out the tedium of sitting in a warm, parked car with nothing to do but lick their Tootsie Roll Pops. Anna, however, was bearing her burden of drudgery with a little more valor than Gabi (she was being quiet), while Gabi loudly vocalized disdain of her boredom. I tried to distract her by pointing out a baby sitting in a cart, waiting for her mother to load her and groceries into their van:
Me: “Look at the baby, Gabi! Do you see the baby?”
Gabi: “Oh yeah!”
Gabi turning to Anna: “I really want a baby for my birthday (her birthday was last week).”
Anna: “You want a baby for your birthday?”
Gabi: “Yeah, I want that one.”

3 comments:
That is AWESOME!!!!
Hey Megen! Joseph told me he talked to you a bit, he said you looked great and he didn't recognize you at first. Would love to hear all you're up to; my email is tearms (at) gmail.com
talk to you later!
baby shopping... oh my!
Post a Comment