Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Validation

So I was grading some papers while my reading class was taking a test today and one of my second graders (who is also in my homeroom class) drops off his test and informs me that his mother says she wishes I could always be his teacher. So I know that people rarely get a 'good job' for the work they do, but when you work with other people's little treasures they tend to question everything you do that doesn't perfectly imitate their vision of parenting or how they see their child and their child's needs and/or abilities, and it's nice to--however occasionally--hear that someone appreciates your methods. To sum it up: parents still scare me, and as cheesy as it sounds, it's nice to get a little validation. I read a quote once where the author admitted he could float on one compliment for a week or more. Enough said.

No comments: