Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Movies I Loathe

My mom, sister-in-law, nieces and nephew are visiting. We got into a discussion about movies after the kids went to bed. The conversation ran in a direction that made me realize how much I don't like blockbusters. Well, I guess I can't make a completely overarching statement like that, but I did notice a trend: Movies I hate:

Beaches
Ghost
Titanic
Forest Gump
Mission Impossible
Dances with Wolves
Top Gun
Pretty Woman (or pretty much anything with Julia Roberts)
Jerry McGuire (and I love Cameron Crowe's movies)
How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days
Chicago
Pearl Harbor
Any of the new Star Wars movies

These are all movies I remember friends and family telling me I HAD to see. I don’t doubt the intelligence of my loved ones, so why do I abhor these flicks so much?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I can agree on some of these, but I tend to give blockbuster movies more of a break than I do blockbuster books. I pretty much agree with your selections except Dances with Wolves (liked the book alot, so maybe that's why), Jerry McGuire, and Pretty Woman (want to hate it, but don't).

lilibet said...

I kind of liked Chicago, but I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE ON YOUR LIST!!! I rented Top Gun and almost barfed at its stupidity. Jerry Maguire? Ick. The distate goes on and on.