Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, April 18, 2011

Etsy

I have a new addiction.  It's called etsy.

And, just because it’s got a cute name, don’t be fooled. I just ordered these two adorable skirts from a website called etsy.com: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61995537/red-pocket-long-skirt-coral-less-is-more  http://www.etsy.com/listing/61672542/butterflies-are-free-solid-color-version and I purchased this bracelet last week: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62682444/summer-twig-brass-and-agate. Finding reserves of restraint to exert is becoming increasingly harder.

I love that the things being made usually come from small business owners, peddling their wares online; sometimes this means things are a little pricier, but it usually means good quality and unique goods. When I originally started the process of losing weight I planned to reward myself with presents along the way, as I met certain goals. I haven’t really done this at all. So, I’m taking my tax return and splurging on a couple of ADORABLE skirts that have been reviewed by other buyers as being really well made. BUT, that doesn’t begin to cover all of the things I’d like to get. I never fancied myself as much of a shopper, but man, you can get sucked in online! When all that shopping requires is lying in bed, looking at cool stuff, it’s enough to suck you into a retail black hole from which no one will ever be able to recover your remains in generations to come.

They have some really fun, whimsical things that I love too, such as the ‘ex boyfriend tie necklace’: http://www.etsy.com/listing/71915559/the-ex-boyfriend-necklace-vintage-silkref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=ex+boyfriend+tie+necklace&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade, the sushi bracelet: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62777455/sushi-bracelet , and this beautiful decorative slip: http://www.etsy.com/listing/72299019/wide-scalloped-embroidery-trimmed-slip

I probably need to start looking for some other, more constructive time fillers, but for now I am SO STINKING excited to get these skirts in the mail!!!

3 comments:

lilibet said...

You know how you were talking about getting rid of the internet again? I think it may behoove you. :)

Mindy said...

I love Etsy too! Have you heard of Artfire? This is a similar place, but it seems like sellers are moving here because of Etsy fees, etc.
I say think of it this way: You are treating yourself, window shopping, and supporting others in their businesses. It's a win-win. :0)

Mindy said...

Oh, and if you haven't bought that slip (and the boyfriend necklace), walk, don't run! I am a lumbering pregnant lady. Let me live through you and your tiny dress size! Post pictures.