I don’t know if anyone realizes this, but if you’re a teacher and you want subs to come back for you, some days it takes over three hours just to get ready for them. That's how long it took me tonight to prep for a sub. And, I still need to go back in tomorrow before school starts to run off some copies for my sub. What a pain. It makes you wonder if it’s worth staying home, but I currently have a BAD case of laryngitis and talking in my teacher voice isn’t really happening right now.
So the next time some nimrod makes some kind of smart comment about how teachers have it so good because they have so many vacations and get the whole summer off, just remember that anytime they get sick, they spend almost half a working day preparing for a sub. I won’t even go into the copious amounts of extra hours spent on report cards, lesson planning, and correcting assignments.
So the next time some nimrod makes some kind of smart comment about how teachers have it so good because they have so many vacations and get the whole summer off, just remember that anytime they get sick, they spend almost half a working day preparing for a sub. I won’t even go into the copious amounts of extra hours spent on report cards, lesson planning, and correcting assignments.

No comments:
Post a Comment