So I took a ‘real age test’ online today and it said I’m 37! The outrage!
I’ve never smoked, drank, been around second hand smoke, had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, or a history of heart disease in my family. I run 3-4 times a week, lift weights 2-4 times a week, and when I’m not running I’m doing some other kind of aerobic activity. My daily exercise log is usually 50-80 minutes a day (including the weight lifting). I eat 4-7 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, eat/drink non or low fat dairy products (in fact I’ve given up drinking cow’s milk altogether—I usually drink soy or almond milk—lower in calories), eat chicken and fish for the most part (if I eat meat at all), I don’t eat sugar of course, and the grains I eat are all brown: brown rice, whole grain breads (if I eat bread at all), whole grain cereals—cooked or cold, wheat pasta (again, if I eat pasta at all). I drink a lot of water and I’m not socially isolated.
Suffice it to say, I’m a little livid about the results. I even went back and changed my weight to 145 (a healthy BMI of 24, my current BMI is 27) just to see if my weight was the major culprit and it WASN’T! Lowering my weight only made me 35.9. So I repeat, “What the HECK!?!” All this healthy living is suppose to make me younger, dang it, not older.

No comments:
Post a Comment