Last night I went to see the newest Shrek movie and was perturbed to find that it was:
A) In 3-D (I think 3-D is visually stressful and annoying).
B) $3 more for the inconvenience of 3-D.
C) Full of noisy families with not just children, but small children and babies.
As an added bonus the teenage girl behind me kept intermittently kicking the back of my seat. I didn’t make it through the previews. I went back to the cashier, explained that the noise rather conflicted with my movie-going predilections, and asked if there was anything else playing at the moment. She perkily replied that Iron Man 2 was playing and added that it was “really good.” I pressed her to see if that was the only alternative (I haven’t seen Iron Man 1); she explained that Robin Hood had started an hour earlier. I requested she return my money and she was visibly less perky. In fact, she was rather stony-mouthed and taciturn. I guess it is official: I now rank among kvetching crones, harridans and curmudgeons. And yet, I am unbothered.

2 comments:
LOL. Me, too -- some woman got on her cell phone to talk about the weather to some friend. I could hear her across the theater. After 30 seconds, I walked out to find the manager, who told her to leave. It was glorious.
First of all, Elizabeth rocks. That is awesome. Secondly, the only time we've brought our kids to a movie is when we called ahead to see how packed the very G film was that day. I never want to be one of those parents!
Post a Comment