Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Four More Days to Rome...


Three hours driving home and 15 on two planes as we journey first to Philadelphia and then finally to Rome. Sooo much sitting. Hopefully this sitting marathon will be concomitantly related to sleep as well. AND, I can come back and put another notch in my belt of life experience—a notch that indicates an expansion and not a tightening. :) How often do we wish for that, eh? Speaking of girth, I just drove by our local gym yesterday, publicizing ala sandwich board the message, “feeling fat?—aren’t we all?” and I just about hurled something at it from my passenger window. I mean, is fat SUCH a crime? And I totally resent its efforts to manipulate public insecurities as means for making a buck. All they had to do was replace ‘fat’ with ‘unhealthy’ or ‘out of shape’. But I'm divagating from the point—soon I’ll be on a plane to Rome, staying in a convent and eating enough gelato to inspire topical fitness advertising efforts into using surreptitiously acquired photos of me as a means of aiding their campaign. :)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I LOVE this picture! I'm excited to hear about your trip when you come to visit. I'm sure you will have such a great time. Enjoy yourself - indulge yourself!