Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dreaming in Tele-Cupcake-Vision


Have I ever mentioned that lately I dream in cupcake? Lately and literally, cupcake has become as much of a color to me as the brightest grass green or cadmium red that ever made me think of sunshine and jumping around. I know I can't be alone in the effortless and shamelessly easy way with which color affects me... (Here's a clarion call to all of my fellow sufferers—anyone want to form a support group?) But back to the point, I should be embarrassed to admit this, but if the ship of good opinion is going to go down anyway, I'll say it with temerity and even aplomb, "I have Trophy Cupcakes marked on my Google 'favorites' list and I go there and drool often over the pictures;" even though I live 3 hours away, even though I hardly ever make it to Seattle to buy one when I am on the west side, even though right now what's making me salivate is a St. Patrick's Day Chocolate Guinness Stout with butter cream frosting that is verboten for me to eat. It's the dark chocolate color and the off-white creaminess of the frosting capped with a bright green clover that gets to me, not the thought of the alcohol. I’m an advertiser’s wildest fantasy (if you're interested in a good laugh just ask me about the time I was ten and tried to buy a party cooler because it looked so tasty—I just thought it was some kind of new, bottled Kool Aid). Curse the fact that TC doesn’t do shipments. Or maybe I should feel blessed. I might be 500 pounds if that were the case. But I still dream in cupcake. So don’t be surprised if, while having a casual confab, I stare dreamy-eyed at your head—heads are slightly cupcake-shaped. :)

3 comments:

lilibet said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I've got to say, I would go for the alcoholic cupcake. It's baked out, for one, and the rule is no drinking alcohol. It says nothing about eating it. ;)

Mert said...

LOL. I just assumed that the frosting had it in it.

Mindy said...

I just caught this post on my list - thank you for making me smile this afternoon! I wish I dreamed in color - mine are mostly black and white and strange. I'm jealous of your cupcake dreams. Yum...cupcake.