Wednesday, May 7, 2008
"Teacher, you look like you've been working out."
So as anyone remotely familiar with me and my person knows, I've been genetically programmed for 'wing-span' upper arms that occasionally require dress alterations, even when the rest of the garment fits fine (or would be way too big if I went up a size). Today I was wearing a new, short-sleeved shirt that is just a little tight around the wings. I've used these organs as fodder for jocular purposes many more times than I've ever spent doing exercises to impede the ballooning process that perpetually inflates them. So, logically, I think it would probably be pretty safe to assume that I 'm not too put-out by my arm-floater appendages, or I would have done something about them by now. That being said, I could barely keep a straight face today when one of the boys in my class, while observing my arms from his lofty station as line leader said, “Teacher, you look like you’ve been working out.” Seeing as 7/8 year old boys don’t put much stock into ‘toning’, I’m pretty sure the complement toward my physique was meant to imply that I’ve been working-up some 'big guns'. Big?—alas, yes. Billowing muscles descriptive of ‘guns’? Hhmmm…not so much. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
P.S. I'm not sure how the star rating system got put on my blog. So in case you're wondering, I don't mind if you use it, but I'm not desperately looking for feeback either :)
HILARIOUS! Is this the same kid who told you how beautiful you looked for the Cinco de Mayo party?
YES!
Post a Comment