Saturday, April 5, 2008
Yes, it is true; parents love the youngest child MOST.
I spent the last week with my brother's family in Illinois. Last night we went out to dinner and my 5-year-old nephew (the baby of the family) mournfully complained that he was not allowed to ride in the car driven by my cousin's husband, while his sibling did. It was explained to him that his car seat was in the family car, not our cousin's. This explanation was propitiatory until he found that once again, he got the shaft, when another sibling took their place as passenger in the coveted ride home. When asking, in his little, warbling, distraught voice, WHY his sister got to ride with the cousin and not him, my brother, his father, teasingly answered, "Oh, because we love her more." To which my nephew replied, "But aren't you suppose to love the youngest most?" To which I promptly responded, “Yes, absolutely, you are 100% correct!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ha ha!I am pretty sure you are right, being the older child. :) I always suspected it!
By the way, this isn't Travis. He IS the youngest child.
I don't know. I always think I get overlooked as the youngest. I have to make a stink over everything or they act like, "Hey was someone just talking?"
Post a Comment