So I don’t know what it is about weight loss, but it’s a little like watching a pot boil. I’ve been watching the scale since December 18th, wanting the numbers to move down, but they have been cemented in the same place. And, since the New Year began I’ve not been real diligent about weighing myself, but I today got on the scale and it finally moved down another 3 pounds.
Last week I didn’t practice horribly awful eating habits, but I wasn’t Super Spartan Eater either, and I exercised once. This week I’ve been a lot better. I joined Weight Watchers online, just for some variety, and I’ve been doing a good job counting my points. I’ve also worked out more, and done more weight training. Hhhmm…I started this blog entry ready to say that sometimes you just can’t figure out why the scale moves and why it doesn’t, then I started writing and the dots started connecting…I have been doing weight watchers for a week now, so maybe it has more to do with that. Sorry, this blog entry is turning a little more ‘stream-of-consciousness’ than readers probably want. Hhhm. Anyway, who knows why the numbers have dipped, but they finally have and now I’m working on the last 15. And, I’m getting ready to focus on some more races.
Coming up on President’s Day weekend there will be a 5K and 10K in Seattle. I haven’t decided if I want to do the 5K or 10K yet. Soon I will be training again for another half marathon that I’ll do sometime this spring or summer. And, I need to start adding some cross training into the mix so that I will be prepared to do an Olympic distance triathlon this summer (25 miles biking, 6 miles running, 1 mile swimming).
Wow, I just reread this entry, and reading it through other people’s eyes, it’s pretty boring. But, I’m still going to post it. Sorry, I know three pounds probably isn’t big news to anyone else, but it’s important to me. I promise to make the next entry more interesting, and hopefully in the next 8-10 weeks I will be posting a celebratory entry because I’ve reached my final goal! J

1 comment:
Yeah, I'd say you pinpointed why you started losing weight again pretty well. :)
Post a Comment