Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Cannibal in Hannibal & Log

Today:
  • 1.5-1.75 miles of running & 1.0-1.25 miles of walking uphill during a 5K (3.1 miles) fun run  
  • 12 miles of biking
  • 2 miles of walking 
  • 1.25 miles on the elliptical machine
Also, let me just add that the fun run was called the "Cannibal in Hannibal" because it has two horridly steep hills that are suppose to eat you alive. I ran about 1/4 of the way up the first hill (which was probably about ½ mile long) and couldn't go any further unless I walked.  Joining other walkers, I was surprised to hear a very athletic young woman run down the other side (on her way back to the finish already) and loudly tell her running companion that, "anyone can walk up the hill." Many walking heads shot to the side with fierce umbrage. So, I've been joking all day that the run was a piece of cake, because after all, "I only walked up the hill." Maybe I should get a t-shirt printed that says, "I Took My Sweet Time Walking up the Hills in Hannibal."

Total miles=18.35



Yesterday:

  • 3.0 miles of walking

 Total miles=3.0





1 comment:

Mindy said...

The thing is "anyone" didn't try to run or walk those hills. I sure didn't. You did. You rock!